Thursday 2 December 2021

War of three Kingdoms/ECW 14 John Talbot's regiment of foot

 This is the first completed regiment of foot from the rebasing program of figuresI receivedfrom Blax. I  have them as  John Talbot's regiment of foot as they were originally done by the previous owner,however I had to remove the flag as all my flags are removable for this period and the original flag did not survive the experience, two warlord flags have taken it's place and a pikeman has been promoted to being an additional ensign. A Royalist regiment raised in Ireland ( from English troops I think) in 1643,fought in 1644 at Cheriton, Newbury, Lostwithiel and importantly for me Cropredy as I am basing both my Royalist force and Parliamentary force on that battle ,yellow coats and flags with Talbot hounds on them. I was lucky that there were different shades of yellow for the shot so that I can get a bit of variety. Rebased, reflaged,some new pikes and washed, here they are.











Nice  chunky sculpts and a  more detailed painting technique than mine ! I've retained the original basing material where I could and added a bit  to  it on bases that match mine. I'm very happy with them and the next four regiments should be along shortly. 

All the best 

Iain 

43 comments:

  1. Fine regiment of foot, Iain! Talbot appears in my ECW army as well. Love the yellow coats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, every Royalist army needs one!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  2. Iain, a lovely result and a great way to quickly inject some strength into army numbers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,although it does seem to have taken a lot more time than I expected!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. They look absolutely superb, Iain. Super-pleased you're enjoying these figures and so pleased they've finally been based after sitting with me for two decades just gathering dust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're looking great, thanks again, I'm glad you've made a start on the bloodbowl dwarves too!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  4. Lovely looking paint job Iain.

    Looking at that list of battles Talbot’s regiment took part in, and given they had already served in Ireland, they were very experienced. (Though that can work against them too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes a more experienced unit than most of the ones who had to pick it up beating up the neighbours!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  5. A nice addition to your collection Iain.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fine addition, and a nice solid job on those yellow coats. They look like they will blend in superbly with the rest of your collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,yellow is difficult, I'm happy with the basing I already have they should work out!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  7. Great looking ECW regiment Iain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. There's definitely work in the basing!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  9. Nice job on the rebasing. Putting previously painted figures to bases is a quick way to grow an army. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but it still takes longer than I think!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  10. Well, these look the dog's bollocks, great gift and a good 'touch up'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, yes I'm very pleased with them.
      Best Iain

      Delete
  11. Great work Iain, getting them to a point where they are useful in your games.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice "old" Frint Rank figures...I always thought it was a shame they withdrew this range...they were my first decent sized collection in New Zeakand I think and mine are still going striong almost thirty years later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're lovely chunky sculpts!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  13. Very nicely done, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nicely done and a real bonus to the army 👍

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice addition to your ECW collection, Iain! You've inspired me to get a Pike & Shotte game on the table soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I look forward to seeing your wonderful figures in an AAR!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  16. You really made them definitely "yours", if you know what I mean. Impressive numbers, lovely pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber,I think I know what you mean!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  17. Nice unit, I'd like a yellowcoat regiment but table is already too small for my armies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rob,I now have two,one for each side, in all probability my table is too small as well!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  18. I must be blind - what make of figs are they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Markus, they're a discontinued Front Rank range, which is a pity as they're rather nice!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  19. Beautiful painting and realistic basing!! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete