At the battle of Ravenna Pedro Navarro a Spanish commander came up with the idea of war carts, multiple guns on wheels with shields and spears to defend them, to add a bit additional strength to the infantry. Ive always been interested in them and as there arent any historical images of them I've tried to invent something that would suffice, made out of bits and bods I had lying around. I had some duplicate pieces from a hinchcliffe organ gun, a number of mdf wheels that I picked up from warbases, some aluminium and plastic tube,mdf offcuts, balsa wood, Perry plastic pavisses and some polearms from the same source, some old glory polearms, a couple of 15mm chariot bodies and some GW muskets which together with some old glory Swiss artillery crew( together with a few Foundry Swiss) gave me these war carts.
I used the late medieval ribauldquin as some form of inspiration, wrought barrels would be relatively easy to fabricate I thought? Outside of Ravenna, I'll just use them as light artillery.
A fun bit of scratch building, I went for red and yellow as Spanish colours but I still think they're generic enough.




















No comments:
Post a Comment