Monday, 31 August 2026

Austrian hussar regiment no 7 Liechtenstein Napoleonic 92

So finally a post! The first of two Austrian hussar regiments based on Perry plastic British early light dragoon riders, with Austrian hussar heads, mounted on home cast Prince August horses with added plastic Perry medieval or Warlord ECW horse necks and light cavalry bridle wearing heads, something of a Francenstein unit but I think with a bit of greenstuff they're good enough,  regiment no 7 Liechtenstein


The usual fast and dirty paint job, they look a little more workmanlike ,in their all blue uniform , than Hessen Homburg I think?




I like these at least in part because theyre made up of left over bits and bobs, apart from the horse mould which cost about £5 in a sale, they're all but the officer on French heavy cavalry horses, which aren't as small as some of their earlier horses, these ones are ,if skinny, taller than Foundry horses, so work better with 28mm figures

Next, who knows, probably Italian wars or terrain?

All the best 

Iain 

No comments:

Post a Comment