Sunday 9 April 2017

This post isn't a recycled challenge post but is of some 28mm artillery for my War of Three Kingdoms/ECW Covenanter Army . There is a Warlord games Saker and a couple of Minifigs guns, the crews are mostly converted Warlord plastics with the odd Foundry and Essex figure thrown in .There is also a Minifigs Master Gunner that I have had for forever , or so it seems! The frame guns are scratch built around some smaller scale barrels I picked up on ebay.








These came out a bit fuzzy but since then I think I've got a better idea of how to focus on the figures! Fankly I seem to get better results with my phone as opposed to my digital SLR.
They are part of my first historical army I painted this century, I'm debating wether to rebase all the pike and shot as I've done them on big bases purely for pike and shot. I'm working on a universal/generic WTK/ECW army (change the flags/change the army) and all of those figures are on 1p for skirmish and I am planning sabot bases, 4 per 45mm x 45mm so that I can use them for pike and shot /pikemans lament or anything else.
Next up more Italian Wars either artillery or gendarmes.
All the best
Iain

6 comments:

  1. Diversified and great looking artillery, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Phil, that is very kind.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, nice of you to say that.
      Best Iain

      Delete
  4. First-rate artillery park, Iain! Scratch built frame guns came out very well. Since ECW is a period of interest, I hope to see much more work on this project.

    More Italian Wars work will be most welcome to see too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, I'll look forward to your take on the WTK/ECW.
      Best Iain

      Delete