Sunday 22 September 2024

Austrian combined grenadier battalions Napoleonic 55

 Two battalions of Victrix Austrian combined grenadiers, fun chaps to paint . I've tried to use the facing colours of the regiments I've painted, primed grey, wet brushed white, brown and black are Liquatex inks to help speed thing up, flag poles are time consuming but worth it I think?  Probably shouldn't have a flag for a combined  unit but it looks good so I'm  keeping  it! Another forty-eight added to my Napoleonic total I've got  more Austrian grenadiers but some of them are Foundry so a bit diminutive but I guess they'll get done eventually, together with Hungarians, grenzers and Hungarian Grenadiers and more Austrian line and of course, lots of cavalry!

















This gives me another  48 Napoleonic infantry towards my total, running 235 I'm going to have to get my finger out , difficult as I'm only painting one evening a week ( when I'm home) at best! I'm busily assembling pike and cavalry for the great Italian wars, Napoleonic Hungarians and Grenzers while  still painting Napoleonics, Late Romans and looking hard at the box with Montrose's army in it, oh and cutting off and assembling 100 years war French cavalry and finding time to push the ruined buildings along!

All the best

 Iain 

3 comments: