Thursday 17 February 2022

Seven Essex shot make a London trained bands regiment, war of three Kingdoms/ECW 19

I  have finally finished the last of the great 17th century rebasing 4 units of cavalry, 2 units of dragoons, a number of command stands and with the addition of these 7 1980s Essex shot figures I can field a 6th pike and shot regiment from his figures.  






This gives me the red regiment of the London trained bands( hence the buff coats)for the battle of Cropredy, so I wanted a bit of variety with them, it also meant I could dump various left over figures in too, to make the numbers up! Apostles in green to match the  existing shot, I haven't copied the original style but I think they do. As you can see I have moved over to six /seven figures on a stick to speed up production , ammunition quality painting but not too bad for an evenings work. 









This is a photo of the  unit together with all the figures I have from the Blax trade(a Jacobite cannon and crew have skedadled across the Atlantic) I owe them an additional flag at some point. 

They've already seen action with the siege of Worcester but I thought they could do with their own post,sorry if I've dropped off on some of  my comments but I've had a bout of covid, all good now,next up some more Napoleonics.

All the best Iain 

38 comments:

  1. Like the look of the new unit Iain, and the colours work well, also great job on finishing the rebasing, and getting them all done.
    Good to hear you've got over the bout of Covid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice unit, looking forward to a Cropredy Bridge battle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid to see them all based, Iain. That final picture really shows them off, along with your own additions to the units. Great stuff. Glad to hear you're back on your feet - just recovered from a bout myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes nice to see them all out together, thanks again and good to hear you're recovered!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  4. You mustered a Trained Band from a rabble of sources. Very fitting!

    Hope you have recovered sufficiently from your COVID. With luck, you were not too sick to paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Art reflecting history? All good now,lost about 4/5 days of painting just too tired, but all good now!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  5. Great looking at now sir!
    A lot of health!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you’ve bit a bit poorly, doesn’t seem to have slowed down the production line at all! We definitely need a Cropredy game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All good now,just need some more artillery, then all good for Cropredy!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  7. Very nice indeed Iain and well done on the rebasing, you are a better man than me, I don't think I could contemplate such a task! I am just waiting to get Omicron at some point, as I suspect it's more or less inevitable....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith, I do have a bit of an aversion but I overcame it!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  8. Nice rebasing job and the additional Essex figures look great. Glad to hear your over your bout of COVID Iain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence, they came out well, all good now!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  9. Lovely looking force, they have come together nicely 👍

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent red regiment Iain, all the best for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good looking units. Nice to see the effort to match paid off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, worked out alright in the end!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  12. Good to know you are ok. Nice unit as usual, I love the group shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to know you're well after having Covid, hope you recover fully. Well done on the use of a mix of figures, it does make the units look a lot better. They do have the ragged look of a trained band !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe,nicely mixed and very satisfying to have no wastage!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  14. Lovely job Iain and the regiment looks smashing! Great to see the massed ranks like this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you weren’t too sick from COVID. Glad that it resolved itself. 😀
    Nice looking figures and anything to speed up production is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that bad,double jabbed and boosted so just under the weather for a bit!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  16. Fine looking fellows Iain…
    Glad to hear that you are over the Covid.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great looking musketeers, Iain. When I first read the post banner, I thought you meant they were for Essex's regiment :) Good to hear about your speedy recovery too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, doing Wallers army so not much room for Essex's regiment!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  18. Great looking regiment! I especially like their big hats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, yes the big hats are good!
      Best Iain

      Delete