Monday 14 January 2019

Great Italian wars 28 Command stands

First post of the year , finally I've got something painted! Six 28mm command figures, a mix of Warlord games and Artizan, one stand has s later figures burgonets and a pistol! Both of the flag bearers are from the Warlord plastic landsknecht set, although one set of arms came from the Perry plastic mercenary set,I've got a pike block coming up that's a mix of the Warlord and Perry sets, I didn't really fancy the Warlord plastics to start with but I rather liked them when I started assembling them. The Artizan figures are nice and chunky and were straightforward to paint. The flags are downloaded from the free kreigspiel site and are the arms of various German cities, I can of course swap them out for other Imperial, Italian or even treacherous French flags!




So that's the earlier command stand,I quite like the flag bearer, with his hair it looks like he's from a motorcycle patch club!







And that's both command stands together, do I really need any more command stands? Possibly not, but I've got the figures so they'll get painted, what I really need is light cavalry but don't hold your breath as it's one thing I haven't started this challenge, foolishly I've started a number of things at the same time! What was I thinking! 
This has been previously posted on the Analogue Hobbies Challenge site.
Coming up more Italian wars figures
All the best Iain


34 comments:

  1. So many splendid colors, wonderful painting and basing, great looking vignettes, never enough command stands, got the same problemm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, nice to make little vignettes out of the command stands!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  2. Nice work on these, flags look great.....as to the number of command stands ...the more the merrier 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt! I guess your right,I'm sure they'll get used somehow!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. Great job Iain, circular bases are great for command I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark! Yes good to differentiate command from your fighting troops!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  4. The period brings such colour and the flags are just a bonus to that, Making the command stands a focus of attention, as they should be. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm! Yes it's a riot of colour in the 16th century!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  5. Excellent command, Iain! Flags look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan! Got to love some colourful flags!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  6. Great looking figures, Iain. Nice kit bashing .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean! We both like plastic kits,such fun!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  7. Yup!... what’s not to like about command stands and flags aplenty.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly! Colour and flags,it's what this period is all about,oh alright and the development of early modern warfare,but mainly colour and flags in my book!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  8. The command stands really came out looking good! Very pretty. How many you need depends of course on the rules and the size of the armies but it’s usually helpful to have a spare just in case.
    Sounds like you have some progress on many fronts. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew! You are of course correct, always good to have a spare!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  9. Nice, colourful sets, I like them a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent command stands and flags!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They came out very well, Iain. From the post title, I was expecting 28 stands, and thought to myself, "The man must be daft!" :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter! You are probably not far off in your last statement!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  12. Looking good!

    "foolishly I've started a number of things at the same time! What was I thinking!"
    I know that feeling. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fitz! I don't think it's that uncommon,I'm sure it's not just us!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thanks Michal! Good of you to say that!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  14. Very nicely done Iain, and I’ll have to visit that flag website for some Germans I have ahead of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence! It's a great site there's some lovely late mediaeval Italian flags that are tempting me into another period!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  15. Once again great painting and lovely figures Iain. I like the way you mix the figures, this base has real character. I was not aware that Perry were making figures for this period, I must catch up with whats going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee,their late mediaeval plastic range goes up to 1500 but they do additional metal heads that can take them up to about 1520 and of course they're compatible with the Foundry line they designed and also the old pro Gloria line warlord now sell.
      Best Iain

      Delete
  16. Beautiful job on these figures Iain and I must check out that web site as the standards look excellent too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ross! Yes do, there's some lovely flags to download there!
      Best Iain

      Delete