Thursday 25 January 2024

Valour and Fortitude big Christmas family game Napoleonics 48

 During the holidays we had another big Napoleonic family game with British, Russian and Austrian armies of 250 points each against three French armies of 250 points each on a 6' x 11' table, which was the first time we've gone this big in the shed, I think I could maybe extend to 14' in the future which might be helpful!









































Opposite the French left flank was the British army , central was the Austrians and on the right flank was the Russians, we fought over the objectives with French  losses mounting against the Russians the small British rifles were lost in the woods although the French cavalry brigade did suffer something of a bloody nose, it was a mostly cagey fight as two of the commander's on mine ( the French) side as opposed to one on the allied, I also felt it was better to offer a little advice to my two colleagues but leave them to it. Eventually my daughter's boyfriend, comanding the left flank ran down a British rifle unit caught in the open and we were out of time, somewhat surprisingly when I totted up the numbers we had one by half a unit, a close run thing indeed! A fun time was had by all and good to get most of my Napoleonics on the table although I'm definitely deficient in line infantry and I'm still trying to work out how to use cavalry! Much more fun than last years but then we were all less drunk!
I can no longer sign into Google on any platform and have spent considerable time trying to rectify this but in the meantime if you do not allow anonymous commenting then I can't comment at least for the moment so apologies for that, it's especially irritating at this time of year as I'm doing the Analogue Hobbies painting challenge and am unable to comment on that either!
Next up ? More Napoleonics, I will paint something else soon but just at the moment  I've got to try and clear my desk, plus of course I'm enjoying it!
All the best 
Iain 

34 comments:

  1. What an epic looking game Iain, to celebrate the holidays, does sound like a very close game, but at least you all had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave, I think a close game is a good game! Lot's of fun had by all!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  2. Great looking table and game, Iain!

    Too bad about your Google/Blogger login issues. Thankfully, I still see your anonymous comments on my blog. Have you tried signing out of Google and then back in (on all of your devices)? That clears the issue sometimes. Also, make sure "cross-site tracking" is enabled in whichever browser you use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's freaking annoying when something that works all of a sudden stops working huh? My issue was also the cross site tracking. good kuck!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jonathan, I will try that, glad I can still comment on your blog!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. Fantastic looking game Iain. I’m surprised the table could support the weight of all that lead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark! To be honest most of it is plastic, except the Guard!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  4. Wow! What an incredible feast for the eyes, Iain. Uploading those pics must have taken an eternity. Sorry to hear about your problems with google - I always enjoy seeing your comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, it did! Me too, hopefully I'll get it sorted soon, I haven't had any free time in January but should have time to sort it in February, I hope!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  5. Wonderful game!

    I had some issues with Google/Blogger a while ago but it went away - not sure what I/they did...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg! Strange are the ways of google!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  6. An impressive game and great to see you getting so many of your lovely figures on to the table Iain. There always seems to be a new challenge with Blogger while they continually 'enhance' the platform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence, yes updates that aren't that helpful!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  7. that looks like a huge epic game. you must have quite the collection of naps then. Nice of you to share with the family or nice of them to indulge you. either way, look fantastic. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine are the French and Austrians, Des and Ben provided the British and Russians respectively, it's a bit of fun around Christmas and is in danger of turning into a tradition!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  8. An Epic game for Christmas and as a family event, fitting it was a close call. I would second Jonathan’s comment about activation of cross-site tracking.

    On my iPad it is the definite source of ‘turning anonymous. I go into system, find Safari and the the on / off of cross-site tracking is in the menu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice fun Christmas game, still to track down my anonymous source!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  9. The sheer amount of minis here made me shiver. Absolutely amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber! Yes thers's a lot there now!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  10. This is truly epic Iain! Just tremendous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice to hear from you Michael, thank you very much!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  11. Great looking game Iain! Such a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A splendid looking game indeed Iain…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous looking table. A real spectacle Iain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard, nice to go big every now and again!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  14. That's a huge table, how long does a game this size usually go?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great looking game Iain and you are lucky you have a few family members interested in the hobby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith and you're quite right, I am!
      Best iain

      Delete
  16. What a great game and a nice diversion from the standard Xmas fare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve, it does make a nice change!
      Best Iain

      Delete