Saturday 27 January 2018

Italian wars 16 artillery

Here we have three artillery pieces for the Italian wars, the two cannons are by Irregular and the three barreled gun is by hinchcliffe, all the crew are from old glory. The Irregular guns give you some nice variation which I think you need in a period of experimentation and no standardisation, one of the guns were super cheap but I think it's absolutely fine, the other was meant to come with additional transoms, I put it in the pile a couple of years ago and only realised they weren't there when I came to paint them, I think it'll do! The three barreled gun is a really nice hinchcliffe piece with the nice detail of the barrels being held together with rope!






Onto the 20th century next! 
All the best Iain 

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful work as always! I love minis, artillery and the bases too.
    Great~!
    best regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michal, that's very kind of you!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  2. Excellent additions to your project, Iain!
    Coincidentally, I have two guns in work for my Italian Wars project. Great minds think alike, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This brings me up to ten guns, I've got another hinchcliffe to do and then I've got the old glory Swiss crews so maybe 5 more after that? I can use them for wotr though as well! Looking forward to seeing your's!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. Excellent work on the artillery, gunners and bases!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking guns and quite a collection, love the big one 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, yes getting there, the big one should have had some transom pieces going up and diagonally down, would have been even bigger!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  5. Bring up the guns! Fire! 😀

    Nice artillery and good variety.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And all of them deathtraps too for those poor crew.

    Love the variety Iain. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think health and safety figured much in early artillery!
      Cheers Dai!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  7. I love the variation of the guns - a real mix just as it should be in the early 16th Century. Great Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Oli, yes what I think I still need is more of the iron guns as they seemed to soldier on longer than I first thought.
      Best Iain

      Delete