Tuesday 8 August 2017

Great Italian wars 14 Last of the Spanish and a command stand

Here we have the last Spanish colonela, these are predominantly old glory with Warrior packing out the pikes including some head swaps with Perry plastics which just about work, even though Warrior are more 25mm really. I mainly got them so that I can finally finish my 25mm Ral Partha units(that were  started in about 1979! ), at 40p each it's certainly the cheapest option, I was buying them second hand on ebay for 50p each and then found out on the home site you could buy a landsknecht army of 100 figures for  £40! They're not bad, although the limited poses is a bit difficult once you get away from pikemen.



I know flags, it'll happen honest and when it does I'll post all four units! The command stand is foundry and are lovely figures. 



Well that's me for now I'm prepping more Swiss, landsknechts and carts! I should be doing stradiots ,mounted crossbow men and genitors but hey ho! 
Best Iain 

21 comments:

  1. Great unit and command stand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cyrus, that's very kind of you.
      Best Iain

      Delete
  2. Great stuff Iain - I look forward to seeing them with standards, and the rest of the Italian wars troops to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Oli, yes they'll look loads better with flags!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. Excellent work, Iain! Love your Spanish and I am especially fond of your work on the Foundry Landsknecht mounted nobleman. He is one of my favorites. Really like your work on his mount too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, yes that commander has an especially haughty air I feel.
      Best Iain

      Delete
  4. Hi Ian,
    Fantastic work. Miniatures lookin really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Michal that's really very kind of you.
      Best Iain

      Delete
  5. Looking good, should be great with their standards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hendrid, I think they will too, would love to see you back on the Italian wars, how are the Scottish guard going?
      Best Iain

      Delete
  6. Nice job, you must be getting quite a horde of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark, yes there is a big mob of Spanish now, back to the Imperials and French, with maybe a bit of Swiss and Italian thrown in!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, that's very kind of you.
      Best Iain

      Delete
  8. They look rather splendid all ranked up like that and yes, some flags will make them even better, but there's no rush. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, yes they will get flags, soon as I can!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  9. Great additions to your collection, Iain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, that's very kind of you!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  10. Beautiful and impressive units sir, colorful and elegant...great job, no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, I hope you had a good holiday, I could do with doing some French now!
      Best Iain

      Delete
    2. Norway 's superb...Excellent Holiday, thanks!

      Delete