Tuesday 22 August 2017

Napoleonic 1 French line infantry

Well, here is something different from what I've done before, these are warlord games French line infantry, nice and fast to assemble, of limited in poses. The metal figures were a little bit rough but I kind of expect that with warlord, the plastic figures were fine, so first napoleonic unit, two more are painted and mostly based but they're based singly on pennies and then sabot based so a little more fiddly!  Flag is waiting till my printer works again, could be some time!



Good enough I think, I've got 5 more line units built and primed,they're all primarily for the 1809 danube campaign, I've also bought Austrians although they'll probably be up against my nephews brits in Spain, better get on with my Italian /Spanish buildings then!
All the best Iain 

17 comments:

  1. Nice job, good to see some French Ligne hitting the table! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark, not in your volume but it's a start!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  2. Very nice looking French infantry, Iain. I like that they're wearing gaiters - and that they're plastic too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, yes we're both big plastic fans now!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. French Napoleonics are quite unexpected from your brush, Iain! A very pleasant surprise, however. You have done excellent work on these figures and I like your campaign look; good and dirty.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, Italian wars has been my focus for the last four years ,last year I started on Napoleonics, which I'm meant to be focusing on more now and so I find myself prepping 108 old glory Swiss pike! Go figure, oh well it's all good fun and there will be more of these soon.
      Best Iain

      Delete
  4. Fantastic looking unit!
    warm regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michal, that's really kind of you.
      Best Iain

      Delete
  5. Excellent French line infantry! I have some of these to paint myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Cyrus, nice of you to say so and compared to renaissance and I guess ancients they have the benefit of being uniform!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  6. Nice looking unit.......is this your first jump into naopleonics ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, yes first napoleonic unit, I figured I'd better start now so I've got a chance of finishing some units before I shuffle off this mortal coil!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  7. Great job, from the base until the bayonet, these French guys look superb..."Vive l'Empereur!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, very kind of you to say so, I was in France for about an hour on Saturday, then I had to get the ferry back to Portsmouth with my daughter, 27 hour round trip!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  8. Those poor Soviets will never get worked on... ;)

    Very nice attention to detail on these Iain. My first historicals were 15mm napoleonic russians. Not sure id ever go back, what with so much time needing to be spent on those uniforms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't know about that, a uniform that's mostly brown has some appeal after landsknechts and napoleonics! Thanks a lot Dai.
      Best Iain

      Delete