Monday 24 April 2023

Austrian Duke Charles and command Napoleonic 32

 Here are four Foundry command figures and one Eagle or maybe Trent command figure? I got them at the first post covid Salute, which was half empty and something of a disappointment, plus Dave Thomas who stocks Perry metal figures were squashed into a tiny space and was unable to  put out any Napoleonic Austrians, which obviously was all I wanted! I went elsewhere  so we have Foundry's duke Charles and additional staff  mounted on Foundry 's diminutive horses, I've mounted them on some plastic to give them a bit of height, the Eagle commander is a little stiff and his horse seems to have overlong legs but I figure he's good enough. 









I went to Salute on Saturday and enjoyed it, lots of games and lots of retail opportunity which I took advantage of, some more Napoleonic cavalry but also some dark ages, WW2, Italian wars  and some more metal Perry figures from Dave Thomas so all good

Still more Napoleonics on the horizon but more rank and file to make up for all the cavalry and command! I'm  also making good progress on my war of three Kingdoms artillery park, well it is for a game in May which is just around the corner!


All the best 

Iain 

______________________

33 comments:

  1. Excellent work on all Iain, they truly stand out as command figures, and great use of the plastic again to raise the height of the short model. Good to hear you had a good time at Salute this year after the disappointing one during Covid, and sounds like you got a lot of reinforcements for multiple projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, yes Salute seemed much healthier this year, which can't be a bad thing!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  2. These Austrian command figures are wonderful, Iain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great paintjob of the figures Iain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent looking command stands, Iain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Iain. Lookingat some of the photos of this year's Salute, it looked a lot better attended. It is still one of my biggest regrets that I never made it there the last time I lived in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence, yes back to normal, good to see, worth a look!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  6. I always enjoy the range of different manufactures that you bring into the base. I have read / watched a few Salute reports and it certainly sounds like it is back on its feet - a good measure of the health of our hobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm, I like a bit of variety I guess and yes Salute was back to it's usual self, didn't expect to hear from you,I thought you would be up to your neck in Wavre!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  7. Iain, beautiful work. Thank you for showing the various figures , style and compatibility are so much easier to appreciate.

    It was nice to hear your thoughts on the recent wargaming show as well. It is fun to get a variety of projects requirements at one visit.

    Since I have started my own Austrian force I will watch yours for tips, which I will eagerly copy. :-()

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, copy away it's difficult to keep up with your many and varied projects!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  8. Nicely done on these. Tall horse must have eaten it's veggies, but in all honesty doesn't look out of place at all to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, yes he looks close enough!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  9. Great looking Austrian high command.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They all look fantastic, you always manage to build great compositions, that's quite an art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber, half the fun is moving them around until they look right I think?!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  11. Well I can't spot the shorter model, they all look good to me. The two Austrian on their base look much as I expect commanders to look,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joe, that's great, all succesful then!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  12. I wonder if we had a chance to talk in person at Salute? ;-)

    Best wishes,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice job, beautiful command stands!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nicely done Iain….
    It is reassuring to hear that Salute was a bit busier this year…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly yes nice to see things getting back to normal!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  15. Lovely stand out command figures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. Thank Mike, good to hear from you!
      Best Iain

      Delete