Sunday 13 May 2018

A mix of gendarmes Italian wars 19

Here we have a unit of gendarmes that was started during the previous analogue challenge and have sat forlorn half finished for over a year. Well I've finally finished them!
 They're a right dog's dinner of a unit, two old glory, two Essex, a plastic Perry and three unknown eBay purchases.








I think they've turned out alright in the end and I'm happy to add them to the other five units of gendarmes I have . I'm prepping up four more units ,three Perry plastic and a steel fist I treated myself to at salute.
In the pipeline is some Italian wars command and another artillery piece or two and more landsknechts.
 I could still do with doing some mounted crossbow men and genitors/stradiots, I just keep going back to landsknechts, gendarmes and artillery pieces!
All the best Iain

19 comments:

  1. They're looking great together Iain!
    Fantastic work.
    best regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michal, glad you think they work together!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  2. A colorful unit of gendarmes to add to your growing collection. Three more units to add to the five already? Your collection will be huge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan,so this makes six plus the next four,I don't think ten units of gendarmes is excessive is it?
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. I always liked the Gendarmes of the Italian Wars. You have made a great job of those Iain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee, that's very kind of you!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  4. Gendarmes are one of the most beautiful units imho, and you do them justice, they look wonderful...and heavy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil,Im glad you like them, some of them look heavier than others but overall good enough!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  5. Excellent armored cav, Iain; hard to stay way from this colorful era.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, yes when you're in a groove keep going!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  6. A good looking unit there - I think the mix of different figures works well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG ‘dogs dinner’ is now the Best turn of phrase I have ever read in the history of everything! What a great description for a random assortment of miniatures!

    They seem to have painted up well. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew, pretty standard phrase, maybe more this side of the pond, glad you like them!
      Best Iain

      Delete
    2. Stew's still learning the lingo and as I've been living here so long, I find my own usage of common Brit terms and slang lessens as each year goes by, so I don't even help. Heh.

      Delete
  8. Very nice work! The assorted figures seem to work well together and seem suitable to such a less uniform period of history like the Italian Wars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fitz,yes I think your right you can get away with more in the rennaisance!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  9. I think they work really well mate, regardless of how much of a Canine's Supper they might have started as. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai,yes Im happy enough with them now,it was just while I was painting them,they looked a little odd!
      Best Iain

      Delete