Wednesday 14 February 2018

WW2 soviets 3

Here are some more WW2 soviets, just not at the last minute for a change!
First up is a junior officer,cunningly posed in what I assume is his inspiration. 


Followed by a commissar and the first flag for this army, I'll be adding a female commissar with a red flag as a tank rider, reminding me of the 1950s soviet film the commissar which is like a black and white spaghetti western, if you can imagine Clint Eastwood as a female, communist , pregnant commissar, but I digress, next up some infantry 


The first four are warlord games, in the next four the first chap is black tree design and the rest warlord games and the last four are PSC. 

Flamethrower team, warlord games. 

Spotter 

2"mortar team 

Ant tank gun team  (PSC bodies and warlord heads )

Black tree design maxim team with PSC maxim 

76.2mm gun /howitzer 


SU76 


T34/85, I was given this tank by Lee a fellow blogger  (a figure painting therapy project ) who wouldn't even let me pay postage luckily he's also doing  an english civil war project and needed a copy of George Gush WRG rules so I was able to give him my copy as I can't see me playing it again! Unless I've mentioned it , the models are mostly warlord games. Here's they are all together .

I think that this adds up to 135 points? There are more reds on the way, I hope to finish up the rest of the soviets in the next couple of weeks and then crack on with some more renaissance figures. 
All the best Iain 


21 comments:

  1. Nice work love the winter colour scheme. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice miniatures and the force is shaping up nicely. The post was entertaining as well and I chuckled a few times. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew, glad it brought a smile too!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. A neat little force shaping up there comrade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on the winter paint scheme. You are really hitting a face pace with your WWII Soviets. They seem to be practically painting themselves at your current rate.

    I await more Renaisssnce stuff.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if they painted themselves that would be impressive and helpful! Thanks Jonathan, I've started the renaissance stuff, it might be a while though.
      Best Iain

      Delete
  5. You are really cranking these out. I suppose "modern" uniforms may be quicker to paint than some of the more colorful uniforms of the past (or some other genres).

    My first thought about the spotter was he looked like he was sprawled on the grass playing a wargame or board game. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are certainly faster to paint than landsknechts! Being mostly one colour helps and your right that chap does look like he's playing a boardgame !
      Best Iain

      Delete
  6. More excellent work sir!
    best regards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Atmospheric and superb! Love the commissar, beautiful and determined...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, he's come out well I think.
      Best Iain

      Delete
  8. Excellent stuff Iain, and nice to see the T34/85 being put to good use. The snow and ice effect is realistic. That tattered flag is very well done too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee and thanks again for the T34/85!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  9. Great work Iain. Love the tanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, I'm enjoying doing tanks again too!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  10. Nice! That's some impressive painting output mate!

    And they look fab. That commissar looks like a bloke you should not cross. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai! I guess you want your commissar to be intimidating!
      Best Iain

      Delete
    2. Mine just looks loud and bossy. Where did I go wrong? LOL

      Delete