Friday 14 July 2017

Great Italian wars 12 command stands

Today I have a few command stands to post, playing warlord games pike and shot you always seem to need lots. I'll be moving on to more senior commanders next ,essentially a commander and a flag bearer. I'm going to have to address flags soon and then I might be able to have a game, of course I could do with some  mounted crossbow men and jinetes , anyway here they are two foundry one perry all nice to paint. One  (from the perry Italian command set )maybe a little early but he's a  nice figure and close enough for the early years.
All the best Iain






18 comments:

  1. All three are quite handsome, Iain, but the last figure is a real dandy!
    A game soon? That will be great to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, isn't he just!? Soon is a relative term, this year, if I'm lucky, maybe!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  2. Perfect, beautiful work Ian!
    best regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Michal, very kind of you.
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. Nice work! Commanding figures indeed! I have to agree about the fine and dandy gentlemen. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them, I think the first is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Oli, that's very kind of you.
      Best Iain

      Delete
  5. Great looking leaders - well-armored and flamboyantly attired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, no gold armour here but they'll do!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  6. Always nice to see beautiful command stands, lovely painting and basing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil I'm glad you like them!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  7. Great looking command stands.

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure I'd listen to anything these fops have to say. Take off that floppy hat and perhaps then me and the lads will listen?

    ^_^

    Excellent additions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think in the period the more ostentatious the better, taste was largely in your mouth at this time! Thanks Dai!
      Best Iain

      Delete