Tuesday 28 March 2017

Great Italian wars 3 stradiots and gendarmes

Another recycled post from the painting challenge. First up a unit of stradiots, Perry and a couple of adapted warlord ECW figures on Perry plastic horses, I was originally going to use a couple of spare Old Glory stradiots but they were just too small by comparison to use in the same unit.




I'm pretty happy with them, I've got to add a removable flag at some point. 
Next up a unit of venerable hinchcliffe gendarmes that I tried to use the triumph of maxamilian images as reference, not sure they were entirely successful but they are painted now! 




At the same time I finished a unit of Old Glory gendarmes which I was pretty happy with. 





The last photo is the two units together, the basing has come on and I'm pretty happy with it now. 
All the best Iain 

8 comments:

  1. Great cavalry additions, Iain! I am particularly fond of the Perry Stradiots and your Hinchcliffe/Old Glory Gendarmes mix well.

    These will give your Italian Wars project a big boost in horse.

    Excellent stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jonathan, I've got to take some more photos of a couple more units of gendarmes and I'm basing up artillery and landsknechts now, I've also got my books out of storage so I will take some photos of the Italian uniform book and a book on the late 19th century hapsburg army.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All sounds great! Very much looking forward to seeing your 19th Century uniform books.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Jonathan, I've got to take some more photos of a couple more units of gendarmes and I'm basing up artillery and landsknechts now, I've also got my books out of storage so I will take some photos of the Italian uniform book and a book on the late 19th century hapsburg army.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent brushwork Iain, I especially liked the Gendarmes, you did some sterling work on the trappings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, that's very kind of you.
      Best Iain

      Delete
  5. Excellent job on this cavalry, fantastic colors and bases as well...

    ReplyDelete