Friday 13 October 2017

Competition win!

Jonathan Freitag ran a  competition celebrating five years of his blog. Rather  surprisingly I was one of the winners. Following on from my previous post about planning I chucked that out of the window and started a new period "Arthur and the Anglo saxon wars " it's probably my favourite Osprey book so I used Jonathans voucher at Newline to buy nine late Roman cavalry.
I bought Dux Bellorum by Dan Mersey when it came out and have really fancied it but not had the figures so now I've started ,plus I picked up two german warbands and three packs of late Romans from black Tree Design at colours and a pack of late roman gripping beast plastics and dark age warriors  and a box of footsore Arthur and mounted companions plus various bits and bobs I already had.
So  a new unplanned period beckons, what can I say, I'm weak and I am hoping to use them for lion rampant and maybe saga so that's alright then!
   
Look at what I won! 
Haven't finished anything recently, decorating my new kitchen has been eating free time and any I have had has been prepping, priming and building but I've had access to a printer so I should be able finish some French napoleonic line infantry soon. 
All the best Iain 

14 comments:

  1. Oh, a new period! That is great, Iain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking great:) In my workshop waiting some arturians too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michal, I'm sure yours will turn out better!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. Lucky man, they look great...At your brushes now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your Late Romans and Germans! Dux Bellorum is a great set of rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cyrus your armies are one of the reasons I'm starting mine!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  5. Good stuff dark ages are great....have played DB a few times...interested to see how you find it ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look like a good period specific set of rules.
      Best Iain

      Delete
  6. Congrats, Iain. Those are some nice figures - Jonathan is quite a generous man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,Jonathan has been very generous and I agree nice figures!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  7. Congrats on the win! 😀

    Arthur has been an interest of mine since reading the Bernard Cromwell trilogy. I'll like watching this project take shape. I've recently started following this blog and it's great! 😀

    I've played DB and LR, and I think that LR is a much better game, though you should try it for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew, oh I like LR, it's just I've fancied DB since it came out, and thanks for the nice words about the blog.
      Best Iain

      Delete